Here is a list of Historical Markers that the Historical Society has placed with-in Lake Pleasant and Speculator.
Airdville: Located in front of the Airdville Cemetery on route 8 in the Town of Lake Pleasant
Bidwell’s Hotel: Located on the northing part of Gilman Town Road.
Black Smith Shop: Speculator Department Store, Speculator Route 8, just west from the Four Corners of Speculator.
CCC Camp: Located on Page Street off of route 8.
Home Guard Militia: Located on Gilman Town Road at the border line of Wells and Lake Pleasant.
Melody Lodge: Located at Melody Lodge off of Rout 30 on the Old Indian Lake Road.
Methodist Church of Lake Pleasant: Located in front of the Lake Pleasant Methodist Church on route 8 just east from the Hamilton County Buildings.
Methodist Church of Speculator: In front of the Methodist on Route 8 in Speculator.
Military Road War 1812:
Peck’s Farm: Located on Hamilton County Route 11 (a.k.a. South Shore Road)
Rhinelander’s Estate: Located on Elm Lake Road (a.k.a. East Road or School Road)
Route 66 Buildings: Located behind the Speculator Pavilion across the road from the Village Beach on Route 30 in the Village of Speculator.
Slack’s Store: Located at the Four Corners of Speculator. Route 30/8 and Elm Lake Road (a.k.a. East Road)
Sturges House: Located in front of Speculator’s Post Office and the local Bank. At the Four Corners of Speculator. Route 30/8 & Elm Lake Road.
Town Hall: Located on Route 8 in Speculator, in front of the Town’s Historical Museum, just about 1/2 mile west from Speculator’s four corners. This marker is not seen during the winter months.